According to a recent report, approximately 48 million Americans suffer from hearing loss. Though most of them are elderly, a large number of them are small kids or adults. If the hearing loss issue goes untreated, the only support that comes in handy is a Hearing Aid. Hence, if you too are looking for a reliable hearing aid, then this article can help. We have listed down the most expensive hearing aids that you can buy to help you decide. And to reach our list of the most expensive hearing aids, we have considered the price, reviews, and how well they work. Read on to find out more.
- 1 What is a Hearing Aid?
- 2 What Causes Hearing Loss?
- 3 Understanding Hearing Aids
- 4 The Different Types of Hearing aids
- 5 The Most Expensive Hearing Aids: Expert Recommendations
- 6 Here is the list of Most Expensive Hearing Aids Right Now
- 7 Most Important Tips to Consider for Picking the Best Hearing Aids
- 8 Final Words
What is a Hearing Aid?
For those who don’t know, a hearing aid is a small device placed around or in the ear. It is a medical device used to amplify sounds to support those who are suffering from hearing loss. Additionally, you can refer to information on the types of hearing aids you can buy online.
What Causes Hearing Loss?
A hearing aid is an essential medical equipment for individuals suffering from hearing loss. Hearing loss can be either sensorineural or conductive.
Sensorineural hearing loss
The reason for this hearing loss is the damaged small hair cells within the inner ear lining. These cells are responsible for converting sound waves into electrical signals. Eventually, the brain receives these signals. Hence, such sounds are interpreted meaningfully by the brain.
Generally, the most common causes such hearing loss are aging or chronic exposure to loud noise. In addition to this, certain illnesses, medications, and family history can result in such hearing loss.
This kind of hearing loss is not reversible, but it is possible to manage it conveniently with hearing aids that selectively amplify sounds. Nevertheless, cochlear implants are the best options if a person is experiencing severe hearing loss for more than a year. In effect, this involves electrically stimulating the auditory nerve by passing through damaged parts of the hearing system.
Conductive Hearing loss
Another type of hearing loss that is less common is Conductive hearing loss. It usually occurs because of any physical blockage or malformation in the outer or middle ear. Furthermore, this sort of blockage occurs because of any disorder, buildup of fluid and infection in the middle ear, and malformations of the inner ear. However, if you do not wish to use a hearing aid in this context, we would suggest corrective surgery for rectification. Furthermore, at Bestrateddocs, you will find articles related to similar products like this one. Here’s our list of the best Otoscopes available online.
Understanding Hearing Aids
When the hair cells within the inner ear die, it is impossible to bring them back again. But with hearing aids, it is possible to drastically improve your ability to hear by making sounds easier and louder to understand.
Usually, hearing aids are inbuilt with an amplifier to enhance the sound, a microphone that picks up the sound, and a receiver that can send sound into the ear canal.
Digital Hearing aids
However, the modern hearing aids, popularly known as digital hearing aids, come with microphones that transmit sound to a computer chip. For one, this chip adjusts the volume and amplifies the sound frequencies required to enhance your hearing. Additionally, it is possible to program the digital hearing aid to filter out the wind or background noise. In effect, you can fine-tune to match your specific hearing loss pattern. Moreover, there are advanced models available that can sync wirelessly with your smartphone so that you can take calls, adjust the settings of your hearing aid, and stream audio.
Analog Hearing aids
Besides digital hearing aids, there are analog hearing aids also available. Though these hearing aids are not inbuilt with modern features, they are far more user-friendly and affordable. Furthermore, for a better understanding of which hearing aid you must pick, let’s understand the various types available in the first place.
The Different Types of Hearing aids
mBTE or Mini-Behind-the-Ear Hearing Aid
Also, known as (RITE) receiver in the ear, (RITA) receiver in the aid or (RIC) receiver in the canal, and (CRT) or canal receiver technology. Specifically, the speaker of this hearing aid is inside the ear canal. It is attached to the ear through a thin wire and an earmold or an ear canal piece.
BTE or Traditional Behind-the-Ear Hearing Aid
Another hearing aid type is BTE. In this, the electronic parts are encased in a plastic covering. Eventually, this covering goes behind the ears. Basically, the ear receives the sound through the tubing that connects the case to a receiver.
CIC or Completely-in-the-Canal Hearing Aid
This hearing aid is recessed into the ear canal and fits tight and deep in the ear. Since its placement is in the ear canal, it has less visibility. Additionally, it easily comes-off with the help of a removal string.
ITC or In-the-Canal Hearing Aid
Similar to the above case, this kind of hearing aid is also less visible. Since its placement is deep inside the ear canal, it has less of a plugged-up feeling.
ITE or Traditional In-the-Ear Hearing Aid
Finally, this one has all the electronic parts included in the case that rests in the outer ear’s bowl.
Not only are hearing aids of great benefit to the elderly and individuals with tinnitus or bilateral hearing loss but also individuals with progressive or acquired hearing loss. Similarly, they also benefit children experiencing difficulties hearing. While an essential factor to consider when selecting between hearing aids is the complexity of the hearing loss, there are many more.
Hence, before you make a final decision on which hearing aid is the best for you, first have a look at the options shortlisted by us. These are the most expensive hearing aids available, which are high in quality, unmatched in durability, and can be a perfect fit for you.
The Most Expensive Hearing Aids: Expert Recommendations
- EARGO Neo HiFi - Newest Model Hearing Aid – If money isn’t a constraint, this customized product is the best choice for clear hearing.
- Otofonix Encore Hearing Amplifier to Aid and Assist Hearing – Here’s a powerful device that amplifies sound perfectly for adults.
- Rechargeable Hearing Aids for Seniors and Adults, Vivtone Pro20 – A high-quality device that’s soundproof and very reliable.
- Sound World Solutions Rechargeable Sound Amplifier - CS50+ – Wtth it’s select a fit feature, this device offers advanced hearing like no other.
- Invisible Rechargeable Hearing Aids for Seniors Adults with Noise Cancelling, Aioze Hearing Amplifier – This recharge air conduction hearing companion is a favorite among users.
- Neosonic Hearing Amplifier BTE – This high powered digital hearing-aid is a cut above and provides incredible results.
- 3M PELTOR 93824 Tactical Earplug – 3M offers you a product with a great fit and incredible hearing with this new device.
- Zyon Rechargeable RIC Hearing Amplifier – Equipped with an advanced digital chip, this device offers premium quality hearing aid to the user.
- iAid Super Mini Digital Hearing Amplifier Aid Pair of 2 – The digital hearing chip in this device enhances your hearing ability and is very comfortable too.
- Blomed Rechargeable Hearing Amplifier VHP-1712 – Last but not least, this device provides you a super sound experience with its digital noise reduction chip.
Here is the list of Most Expensive Hearing Aids Right Now
1.EARGO Neo HiFi – Newest Model Hearing Aid
- MEDICAL GRADE HEARING AIDS WITHOUT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE - Get your hearing aids from the leader in telecare for hearing health. Eargos arrive at your door in...
- BEST SOUND FIDELITY - Eargo Neo HiFi boasts a beautiful, state-of-the-art design combined with our best sound fidelity ever. Eargo Neo HiFi lets you experience...
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY - Eargos cost thousands of dollars less than comparable traditional hearing aids and don't require multiple visits to an audiologist. If you...
- MORE CONVENIENT - Work with Eargo's licensed hearing professionals from the comfort and convenience of your home to further customize and tune your Eargos to...
- MORE COMFORTABLE - Eargo's are "open-fit", with patented Flexis that suspend the devices inside the ear canal allowing air to flow through for a more natural...
What’s more, Eargo’s licensed hearing professionals are there to provide you with the customization and fine-tuning of your device. And all this from the comfort of your home. As a result, you get an ultra-comfortable fit as well as absolute durability while using this product. Given that they fit inside the ear canal, they are virtually invisible. Furthermore, their open-fit design and patented Flexis provide a comfortable positioning of the device in the ear.
Over and above all these features, this device is available under the FEHB plan. Likewise, it is covered under some insurance plans as well.
And finally, the feature that swept our experts off their feet is the Eargo mobile app. Now, this app can help you fine-tune your hearing for a more personalized experience! Indeed, this is outstanding!
Meanwhile, for products similar to this one, do refer to our list of the best-infrared thermometers available online.
- Virtually invisible device
- Rechargeable for all-day working
- 2-year unlimited warranty
- FDA cleared
- Smart feedback cancellation
- Up to 13 dB wind reduction
- A maximum sound gain of 111 dB
- Dynamic feedback reduction
- It is one of the expensive hearing aids, but worth its value.
2. Otofonix Encore Hearing Amplifier to Aid and Assist Hearing
- ✅ With up 53 dB of Amplification & 10 Levels of Volume Control, our Encore Hearing Amplifiers are Perfect for Mild to Moderate Hearing Loss
- ✅ 3 Different Listening Programs to Accommodate Your Hearing Needs in a Variety of Environments
- ✅ 2 Directional Microphones for Superior Noise Cancellation, Feedback Suppression & Background Noise Reduction
- ✅ Telecoil feature for use at church or venues with a hearing loop. 7 Batteries, 2 Sound Tubes, 3 Ear Dome Styles & Sizes Included
- ✅ 45-Day Money Back Guarantee! We are Here to Help via Phone or Email Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:30pm EST. 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
For one, the device comes with dual directional microphone hearing aid to deliver superior noise cancellation. Further, it comes with a Telecoil feature that makes it ideal for use with hearing loop systems like churches, conference centers, and theaters. Additionally, it uses WDRC or Wide Dynamic Range Compression Technology that makes soft sounds highly audible.
Specifically, this Otofonix Encore Hearing amplifier holds 100% digital circuitry. Apart from 12 bands of digital sound processing, it has 4-channels. What’s more, the amplifier comes with 4-pre-configured programs to enable an optimal listening experience in a wide range of environments. And not to mention its layered and adaptive noise reduction that alleviates background noise completely.
Its 10-digital volume levels make it a real favorite of our experts. Due to this feature, the device offers maximum performance and comfort. Moreover, it does not just let you hear better, but it is also easy to use. While the dual directional microphone delivers superior hearing quality, it is a 2-in-1 hearing amplifier that would amplify your hearing and let you focus more clearly on the conversation in front of you.
Simultaneously, you can improve your medical equipment with similar products. Don’t forget to refer to our list of the best ultrasonic therapy machines for home use.
- The product is assembled with a size 2 thin sound tube and magic ear dome
- Ear hook power kit delivers high amplification
- Dual directional microphone to focus on rear and front conversation
- Telecoil feature picks up signals fast and transmit them to provide clear and crisp sound
- 4 listening programs make it easy to use
- A comfortable, discreet, and small device that would perfectly fit behind your ears
- It does not support the rechargeable battery feature.
3. Rechargeable Hearing Aids for Seniors and Adults, Vivtone Pro20
- RECHARGEABLE with USB charging dock. Just put it into the dock at night and wearing it in the morning with whole day power.
- USA MADE COMPONENTS from Intricon and Knowles,same as famous brands. HIGH TECH for noise cancellation and lucid sound. Audiologist designed. Best rechargeable...
- ENVIRONMENTAL ADAPTIVE – 4 adjustable programs for the best sound effect in different environments. Ideal for indoor, outdoor and hunting. Adaptive Feedback...
- READY TO WEAR, comes with 4 sound tubes and 10 ear domes for future replacement. Compact and behind the ear (BTE) makes it discreet and invisible.
- BEST GIFT for elderly and loved ones. 1 yr warranty, 30 Day Free Returns and unlimited timely customer service.
If this was not all, the manufacturers have been quite thoughtful of your future needs too. For this, they have provided for 4-sound tubes and 10-ear domes for replacement in the future. Now, this is what we call foresight!
And finally, with a USB charging dock, you can keep it for charging while you take a good night’s sleep. And when you wake up in the morning, they are ready to go!
If you are looking for similar premium medical equipment products, refer to our list of the most expensive stethoscopes money can buy.
- It automatically alleviates sounds
- Ensures complete protection against acoustic shocks like prolonged noise and gunshots
- Amplifies and reproduces ambient sounds in high-fidelity
- You can easily adjust the volume as per your preference
- Half-shell, the ergonomic design prevents slippage
- Comes with USB charging Docks
- Easy to wear without debugging
- Absolutely waterproof, including water repellent electronic components
- Just 1-year warranty.
4. Sound World Solutions Rechargeable Sound Amplifier – CS50+
- HIGHLY RATED BY PMC, CR and WIRECUTTER - The first ever fully customizable PSAP on the market to adjust sound similar to what you would expect in a hearing aid...
- JUST FIT FOR YOU - The Sound World Solutions CS50+ is a personal amplifier with 3 built-in amplification presets. It offers a Customizer App that allows you to...
- PAIRS WITH ANDROID, IPHONE, MAC, PC - Wirelessly connect the CS50+ Sound Amplifier to your smartphone or computer. Each earpiece uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology...
- REDUCES BACKGROUND NOISE AND FEEDBACK - You can decrease the high/mid frequencies using the Customizer App to lessen the feedback. To cancel out unwanted...
- STREAMS ANY AUDIO TYPE - The CS50+ allows you wirelessly to stream multimedia audio from a smartphone, PC or AV equipment. You can even answer phone calls by...
Next on our list of the most expensive hearing-aid is the CS50+ from Sound World Solutions. The first thing that struck us the most is its programmable feature through its Customizer App. What it implies is that this app can help tweak the various frequencies of sounds around you. In effect, you get a better hearing experience. You can even cancel unwanted background noise. In fact, the app even administers you a hearing test and gives suggestions accordingly, or you can choose from the preset profiles.
Furthermore, the Bluetooth connectivity of this device is an added advantage to connect wirelessly to other devices. Additionally, it allows you to directly answer phone calls by pressing the volume button of the earpiece. Not to mention its battery life that can last up to 12 hours. To sum up, this device is undoubtedly one of the best available!
In the meantime, for your convenience, we have more quality products on Bestrateddocs such as our list of the best nebulizers available online.
- Advanced feedback cancellation technology
- Covers frequencies between 200Hz to 7,300 Hz
- 16-channel compressor and noise reduction
- Dual directional microphone
- Customizable app
- Bluetooth enabled
- No questions asked return policy with 10% top up on refund
- Bulky and not discreet
5. Invisible Rechargeable Hearing Aids for Seniors Adults with Noise Cancelling, Aioze Hearing Amplifier
- Germany Digital chip, fine sound quality, comfortable listening.
- FCC,ROHS approved, no radiation and harm to the human ear.
- hearing amplifiers charging about 4 - 8 hours can be full and about 80 hours can be used, put it on a small box, portable to go out.
- hearing aids set include 2 rechargeable hearing aid + 10 hearing aid domes + 4 hearing aid cleaning Brush + 2 volume control tool + 2 USB Cable + 2 x Adapter +...
- if you experience an issue with our ear hearing aid, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, it’s our pleasure to serve you.
Another USB rechargeable hearing aid on our list is from Aioze. It has an updated design and superior sound quality. Additionally, it comes with a nano-coating that makes its water, sweat, and dust resistant. With an ergonomic design and small size, it fits well and is virtually invisible. More importantly, it is FCC and ROHS approved. It implies that it is safe from any harmful effects of radiation. Apart from this, with 2-4 hours of charging, it can work for about 100hours. This is one feature that impressed us a lot.
Furthermore, its lightweight and compact design make it easy to wear. What’s more, the high-quality chip made from superior German technology reduces noise and prevents howling. And the accessories that come with are too good to ignore. In short, this device is a good value for money.
If you are looking for similar products for everyday professional medical use, take a look at our list of the best medical gloves available online.
- FCC and ROHS approved product ideal for adults
- High-quality product meant for long-lasting use
- 100% Rechargeable hearing aid to save you money of frequent battery changing
- Convenient and Easy to Use
- Comes with different sizes of domes for everyone
- Compact and portable
- Mainly for adult use
6. Neosonic Hearing Amplifier BTE, High Power Digital Sound Amplifying Devices Aids with 4 Channels Compression
With the Neosonic BTE hearing amplifier, you no more have to compromise on the quality of sound you hear. Before you make your next trip to your audiologist, spend some dollars and invest money in this affordable hearing aid. It is a durable and comfortable product for daily wear that offers incredible clarity during conversations in various situations.
Since it is behind the ears model with quite large buttons, it’s easy to operate. This feature makes it an excellent device for adults, teenagers, as well as elders. Furthermore, the product places a boost on high-frequency sounds. The best part is that this device considers sound to be its priority, from domes to tubes, from sound conducting components to signal to process. As a result, you can hear crisp sounds.
In addition to this, the device is high powered and versatile. More so, it is powerful enough for anyone experiencing mild to severe hearing loss. Additionally, with 8-channels of layered suppression technology, it involves less than 1% distortion and low noise. For the most part, it ensures that you listen to your best no matter what the external condition is. What’s more, it comes with a 12-month manufacturer warranty. It certainly is a highly durable product made with superior materials and offering outstanding reliability. We highly recommend this for all your hearing needs.
While you ponder over the above, we have similar articles to guide you through the newest medical equipment available online. Take a look at this list of the best endoscopes recommended by experts.
- Crystal clear conversations
- Versatile and high power
- Comes with 4 listening programs for noisy, normal, meeting, and outdoor condition
- Four channels processing
- 12 – months manufacturer warranty
- Easy to use
- Long battery life
- Extremely Durable
- Pure Digital Sound
- Perfect for high-frequency hearing loss
- Versatile and superior sound quality
- It may not be the best fit if you wear glasses or being discreet is highly important for you.
7. 3M PELTOR 93824 Tactical Earplug, TEP – 200
- HELP PROTECT YOUR HEARING: NRR 23 decibel. Helps protect your hearing and can help improve situational awareness and communications in challenging environments
- COMFORT: The small and lightweight design helps improve overall comfort and user experience
- MICROPHONES: Environmental microphones for level dependent hearing protection and situational awareness
- RECHARGEABLE LI-ION BATTERY: Provides up to 16 hours of continuous operation. Recharges in approximately 90 minutes. Rechargeable via micro USB or 3 AA alkaline...
- WATERPROOF RATING: Earpiece and case (with lid and USB port securely closed) are IP67 compliant
Besides, it comes with state-of-the-art technology that offers hearing protection under all situations. As it protects and improves situational awareness, it may help increase productivity and personal safety. Additionally, the small antenna in the earpieces enables audio-signals. Eventually, the signals are received wirelessly from the neck loop accessory.
Furthermore, the device is compatible with multiple kinds of head-borne 3M personal protective equipment or PPE like hard hats, face shields, and helmets. Its lightweight and small design help enhance overall user experience and comfort. Moreover, you can wirelessly connect it to cell phones or radio sources, for two-way communication. Having useful products like this one at the right time can be very useful.
We would suggest you check out this article on the best crutches available online and be prepared!
- Excellent comfort and compatibility
- Enhances communication by protecting hearing in noise
- Earpieces include a small antenna for receiving audio signals
- 23 Decibel noise reduction rating
- Environmental microphones for enhanced hearing protection
- Highly durable
- Adjustable volume
- Adjustable ear tip fitting
- Does not hold resistance to water
8. Zyon Rechargeable RIC Hearing Amplifier
- Convenient charging dock and carrying case provides additional 3-4 charges.
- High performance ONSemi Bellasigna (US-made) chip, fully digital 4-channel processor
- 3 pre-programmed modes - no prescription or fitting required.
- 1-year warranty and 45-day trial return period.
- Sleek design with removable slim tube
The RIC design specifically increases sound clarity as well as reduces distortion. The reason being that there is no tube for sound to travel in this design. Furthermore, the WDRC (Wide Dynamic Range Compression) greatly amplifies the low-frequency sounds. At the same time, this feature helps reduce loud sounds.
Another great thing about this device is that it comes with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 18 – 20 hours of uninterrupted usage. Additionally, it gets fully charged in just 4 hours. Hence, you no more have to worry about running short of battery life. Most importantly, the hearing aid is manufactured under stringent quality standards to offer customers the best experience. Hence, this product gets full marks from our experts. So, don’t think twice before buying this one.
By the way, for similar products, here’s our range of top-rated knee braces for injuries.
- Extremely lightweight
- Digital noise cancellation
- Digital chip processing
- Superior sound quality
- Advanced hearing amplifier
- Excellent Quality Standards
- Rechargeable Battery
- Has 4-channels and 12 bands
- Frequency range of 200-6000Hz
- It is not sweatproof but is an excellent quality product.
9. iAid Super Mini Digital Hearing Amplifier Aid Pair of 2
- 【Superior sound】An advanced digital chip control frequency that offers a comfortable listening experience to conduct sound. And 3 different sizes of domes...
- 【Long-term battery life】90mAh, 4x 100 hours life, each 1 VARTA Battery = 3 batteries . It's Super Efficient Power Batteries for you taking personal sound...
- 【Comfortable to wear】 The hearing amplifier device’s weight is only 0.01 pounds, it will be very easy to forget that you are wearing them, suitable for...
- 【Easy to use】One button controls for perfectly adapt to different listening environments and will also selectively amplify human voices ; one button adjusts...
- 【Included】2x iAid hearing amplifier device, 4x Zinc-Air Batteries, 6x ear domes, 2x cleaning tool, 2x carrying case.
This hearing aid enhances sound and effectively reduces external noise coming from crowds and cars, enabling you to hear more clearly and comfortably. Because of its lightweight and skin color, this device is practically invisible.
We much liked the volume adjusting feature of this product. Hence, you have to turn its volume adjuster button up or down as per your specific needs. In addition to this, it comes with a full load of accessories.
Doctors can check back on our website for recommendations on similar products such as the best panoptic ophthalmoscope.
- 100% digital circuitry
- Layered and adaptive noise reduction to eliminate background noise
- Designed to offer high efficiency to ensure long-lasting battery life
- Comes with ample accessories
- Batteries included
- One year warranty
- Not rechargeable.
10. Blomed Rechargeable Hearing Amplifier VHP-1712
- 【Super Sound Experience】- It adopts true digital noise reduction chip, which is currently the best noise reduction effect of Blomed hearing aid. It can...
- 【Simple Operation】- Only need one button to switch between 4 modes. It also has the function of remembering settings. The mode and volume used last time...
- 【Fast Charging】- Save the trouble of frequently buying batteries. It can be fully charged in 1.5 hours, can be used for approximately 11 hours after being...
- 【Comfortable to Wear】- The catheter adopts a humanized arc design, which is comfortable and not easy to fall. The ultra-lightweight (0.14 ounces) makes you...
- 【No-Risk Purchase】- We offer 60-Day free replacement. Please note that our products are best suited for light to moderate hearing losses. If you have any...
For one, it suppresses background noises that intervene with what you hear. In particular, its digital noise reduction chip is behind that perfect noise cancellation capability that makes the sounds appear so real. Additionally, it comes with 4-modes processing. Moreover, we loved its memory function. To elaborate, it remembers your last settings every time you turn it on for use.
It is a compact and powerful mini technology that gives a powerful boost to the sound required. Furthermore, since it is rechargeable, you don’t have to worry about replacing the batteries. What impressed our experts the most is its fast charging capability. It gets fully charged in 1.5 hours, straight. What’s more, you can wear it for 11 hours continuously after that.
You can depend on this high – quality product to enhance hearing, and we totally recommend it for the same.
However, if you are looking for similar premium products, here a list of the best wrist braces you can buy online.
- Memory function to remember your last settings
- 4 amplification programs to adjust to the listening environment
- Layered noise reduction to suppress background noise
- 60 – day money back guarantee makes it a risk-free product
- Digital technology to enhance sound quality
- Comfortable tips that are uniquely shaped to let you hear more naturally
- Nearly visible behind the ears
- Quick charge
- Light and comfortable
- Not for people with complete hearing loss
- Not waterproof, can’t be used while bathing.
Most Important Tips to Consider for Picking the Best Hearing Aids
Already in the post above, we have discussed the various hearing aids available in the market. In addition to selecting a perfect style of hearing aid for yourself, there are other additional factors that you need to consider before you pick the best hearing aid and improve your ability to hear.
1. Noise Reduction –
Every hearing aid offers some level of noise reduction. However, this level varies. Hence, you must pick a hearing aid that serves you the best.
2. Rechargeable Batteries –
Some hearing aid models have rechargeable batteries that make them easy to maintain by eliminating the requirement to charge them regularly. Hence, go for rechargeable devices.
3. Wireless Connectivity –
Nowadays, there are advanced hearing aid models available that come with wireless connectivity technology. Such devices come with some Bluetooth – compatible devices like music players, televisions, and cell phones. Therefore, you can enhance your comfort by picking such a hearing aid. But make sure it is comfortable to your ears as well.
4. Directional Microphones –
Hearing devices align to Microphones are aligned to offer enhanced pick up of sounds coming in front of you. In effect, such hearing aids focus only on one direction. Hence, they boost your ability to listen when you are in an environment with immense background noise.
5. Variable Programming –
If you don’t wish to adjust the hearing aids settings, then pick a hearing aid that allows preprogrammed settings for different environments and listening needs. Therefore, they can be very convenient to use.
6. Synchronization –
If you are picking two hearing aids, then go for those that can be programmed to function together. This way, it would be possible for you to make adjustments like program changes or volume control. As a result, you can control both conveniently.
7. Direct Audio Input –
While this is an additional feature that you will get in only some hearing aid models, it is worth getting. With this feature, it is possible to plug into audio from a computer, music device, or television via a cord.
8. Telecoils –
This feature makes it easier to hear when you are talking through a telecoil compatible mobile device. While it removes environmental sounds, it can pick up sounds from the telephone. Specifically, a great advantage of telecoil is that it picks up signals from distinct public induction loop channels found in theaters or churches. As a result, you can hear the speaker and listen to music or movie better.
9. Remote Control –
Additionally, there are hearing aids available with remote control. This feature lets you make adjustments without touching the hearing aid.
10. Environmental Noise Control –
It is best to pick a hearing aid with a noise cancellation feature. In effect, it helps to block background noise. Furthermore, some such features even offer a reduction in wind noise.
When searching for a hearing aid, it is essential to explore all the options available as per your requirements. We would suggest you get a checkup done with your doctor, who might eventually refer you to a renowned audiologist. Additionally, you must check for the product’s warranty before buying to be sure of the quality. However, we can assure you that all the products listed above are the best as far as our research suggests. At the same time, we also recommend that you select the device in conjunction with the medical advice you receive.
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2021-07-24 // Source: Amazon Affiliates