Disposable medical gloves are used extensively by many professions – doctors, nurses, dentists, cleaners, processed food servers, mechanics, and more. While non-medical professionals can use it as an alternative, those serving the chemical industry or healthcare industry have to use them compulsorily. Hence, here’s our list of the 10-best medical gloves available online based on their performance, features, price, and quality. However, before going further, we would like to acquaint you with the different varieties of medical gloves available and the material used to make them.
Why do we need Medical gloves?
Medical gloves assume immense significance for people involved in hazardous occupations. These gloves help protect such professionals from harmful chemicals or microorganisms. To enumerate a few ways, they protect the healthcare workers by reducing the transfer of microorganisms between patients and healthcare workers and vice versa. Additionally, these medical gloves also prevent the exposure of bodies and skin from hazardous drugs, chemicals, and numerous cleaning agents. Even if you are not in any such a profession, you could still expose your hands to surface cleaner chemicals or garden soil, etc., while doing your household chores. For a more detailed perspective, we recommend you refer to this article from the FDA.
In short, medical gloves are our best bet against exposure to contagious pathogens or harmful chemicals. At the same time, their damage-resistant nature makes them highly durable. But just like other products, even medical gloves vary in features and price. Hence, before you rush to buy a medical glove, it is vital to consider a few points listed below.
Different Types of Medical Gloves
The purpose of every medical glove is the same, to prevent harmful microorganisms or chemicals from harming you. But there are different types of medical gloves available, which differ based on the materials used to prepare them.
Natural Rubber Latex Gloves
The NRL gloves are the dominant choice among healthcare workers for numerous years as they offer adequate protection to the users. Due to the nature of the material used, a glove fits your hands well so that you are comfortable and can conveniently move them.
Basically, natural Rubber Latex gloves have a watery suspension of minute polymeric particles. The material of these gloves comes from the Hevea brasiliensis tree. Furthermore, the composition of Latex is around 34% rubber polymer, 60% aqua, and 2 % protein. And, the remaining part is composed of sugar, fatty acids, resins, and ash.
Subsequently, NRL transforms into medical gloves after undergoing complex manufacturing procedures. Additionally, the addition of numerous chemicals enhances vulcanization and lasting preservation. In effect, these gloves have high flexibility, tensile strength, and excellent resistance to damage.
Nitrile or Acrylonitrile
Another popular choice among medical professionals is a good quality nitrile glove is another popular. Not only are these gloves are latex-sensitive but also great for the NRL-free environment. Additionally, they offer an excellent biological barrier as well as protection against many chemicals. However, these gloves are available at a relatively higher price as compared to other types of gloves.
Vinyl or Synthetic Co-Polymers
The next type of gloves is Vinyl gloves. These are ideal for non-aseptic processes and tasks involving a low risk of contact with the body fluid. Nevertheless, such gloves are permeable to blood-borne viruses and possess low tensile strength, because of which they are prone to leakage.
Polythene or Plastic
One more type of material used for making gloves is plastic or polythene material. However, the medical gloves made of polythene are usually loose-fitting. In effect, they have limited tensile strength. Therefore, such gloves are not ideal for use in clinical areas. Nonetheless, they are perfect for handling or preparing food.
Polychloroprene or Neoprene
Another material called Polychloroprene has physical properties the same as NRL. Similarly, it is ideal for latex-free environments. Hence, such medical gloves are useful when handling chemicals and when in contact with body fluids. But these gloves have environmental issues, in particular with their disposal. In effect, on incineration, they release hydrogen chloride.
And finally, Polyisoprene is a synthetic rubber material used in preparing surgical gloves. Such gloves offer the advantage of having properties almost similar to latex gloves in terms of feel and fit. Therefore, these gloves are ideal for those who want absolute protection, comfort, and tactile sensitivity. As compared to the neoprene gloves, these gloves offer better functionality.
Now let’s check the list of top 10 medical gloves available online!
Top Medical Gloves Recommended by Experts
- MedPride Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Gloves, Medium Box/100 – With textured fingertips and a comfortable feel, this pair makes it to the top of our list.
- Membrane Solutions Nitrile Disposable, Latex Free, Powder-Free Exam Gloves Large, Non Sterile, (Box of 100) – These gloves are non-sterile and latex free. Additionally, they have no added powder so you don’t have to worry about allergies.
- HALYARD Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves, Powder-Free, X-Small, 55080 (Box of 100) – If you are looking for an excellent fit and sturdy gloves, Halyard has the answer.
- AMMEX Medical Clear Vinyl Gloves, Box of 100, 4 mil, Size Small, Latex Free, Powder Free, Disposable, Non-Sterile, VPF62100-BX – Exam grade gloves made with PVC synthetic material. These are perfect for medical professionals.
- Dynarex 2613 Safe-Touch Vinyl Exam Glove Powder Free, Large, 100 Count – If people are sensitive to the powder is gloves, these are perfect as they are powder and latex free.
- No products found. – Versatile and durable, these gloves are a great choice for clinical or hospital treatment.
- Safe-Touch Powder-Free Vinyl Exam Gloves M Box/100 - 2612 – If you are looking for strong, stretchable and latex free gloves, the Dynarex 2612 is a great choice.
- Dealmed Vinyl Exam Gloves, Powder Free, 100/Bx (Medium) – Dealmed Gloves offer a perfect fit with non-allergic material and premium quality material.
- Curad Disposable Medical Latex Gloves, Powder Free Latex Gloves are Textured, Large, 100 Count – Designed for a single use, these gloves offer great resistance and improved comfort with every wear.
- No products found. – With 50 pairs in every pack, Dynarex offers premium quality gloves with an incredible grip.
10 Best Medical Gloves Available Online!
1. MedPride Powder-Free Nitrile Exam Gloves, Medium Box/100
- The ideal solution for individuals sensitive to natural rubber latex and donning powder.
- Comfortable fit with textured fingertips for excellent tactile sensitivity.
- Extraordinary strength, stretchable durability and puncture resistance with premium iris blue color.
- Commonly used by law enforcement professionals, tattoo artists, physicians and first responders.
- Features smooth external finish and beaded cuff for extra durability.
Furthermore, the gloves have extraordinary strength and resistance to damage or puncture. Also, it has stretchable durability that offers a perfect fit for the users. Moreover, it is available in premium iris blue color commonly used by tattoo artists, law enforcement professionals, first responders, and physicians.
We loved its smooth external finish and a beaded cuff that offers extra durability. What’s more, it does not leave any residue on hands or emits any odor even when hands are sweaty. Besides, the material is flexible enough for a convenient put-on and take-off. Also, it fits snugly in the hands and does not slide yet is non-restrictive.
However, if you are thinking of improving your home medical equipment, check out our list of the best tens units recommended by our experts.
- Great product for the money
- Does not leave any residue or odor on hands
- Can be used for varieties of tasks
- Medium-sized fit perfect for small and medium hands
- Good quality product
- Flexible material allowing easy put on and take off
- No irritation from material even when hands are sweaty
- Not great if you wish to protect yourself from harmful things
2. Membrane Solutions Nitrile Disposable Gloves, Thicken 4 mil, Latex Free, Powder-Free Exam Gloves Large, Non Sterile, 9″ Length, Large (Box of 100)
- Disposable nitrile gloves
- Powder and latex free
- Textured fingertips
Firstly, they have no added powder and are non-sterile and latex-free.
Further, the robust quality material used to make them provides them a high resistance to damage even while doing tough jobs. Moreover, the gloves hold excellent resistance to chemicals and moisture and last longer than the cheap gloves available in the market.
Besides being useful in hospitals and clinics, they work well in the auto and tattoo industry. Additionally, they come in textured and beaded form and offer a latex-free fingertip thickness of 4 mils. Apart from having extraordinary strength and resistance to damage, they can maintain excellent tactile sensitivity. In summary, these are high-quality gloves with versatile applications.
Much like medical gloves, at Bestrateddocs.com, we offer all kinds of equipment like the best ankle braces money can buy.
- Medical grade gloves
- Great resistance to damage
- Textured and beaded form
- Highly resistant to chemicals
- Extraordinary strength
- No powder lubricant added
- Non-sterile and latex-free
- Great all round gloves
- A bit expensive for the thickness
3. HALYARD Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves, Powder-Free, X-Small, 55080 (Box of 100)
- Maximum coverage and protection
- For moderate to high exposure to fluids or chemicals
- Powder-free and natural rubber latex-free
- Textured fingertips
Beginning with their composition, they are composed of nitrile, which is synthetic rubber construction. Hence, these gloves eliminate the possibility of latex-oriented allergic reactions. Further, they are powderless and available in various sizes.
In addition to an ambidextrous design, the gloves are disposable, available in wrist style, and possess good quality.
Nevertheless, if you are looking for more premium equipment, refer to our article on the top best knee braces you can buy.
- Good grip
- Excellent fit
- Strong and durable
- Ambidextrous design
- Sturdy construction
- Does not lead to allergic reactions
- You may not like the gloves if you do not like the purple color
4. AMMEX Medical Clear Vinyl Gloves, Box of 100, 4 mil, Size Small, Latex Free, Powder Free, Disposable, Non-Sterile, VPF62100-BX
- All of our products will have an updated look in coming months. You may continue to see previous packaging, or a mix of new and old, as we sell through our...
- These examination gloves are versatile and have a loose fit that makes frequent glove changes easy.
- These vinyl exam gloves are latex free, so they will not aggravate sensitivities to natural rubber latex.
- Powder free so they won’t interfere with adhesives or coatings, or inhibit healing of wounds.
- AMMEX offers a range of exam-grade light-duty gloves in nitrile, vinyl, and latex that protect against pathogens and contaminants.
Though the fit is not excellent, the feel is highly comfortable. Additionally, the gloves prevent allergic reactions to latex proteins. Apart from this, they are 4-mils thick around the fingers and palm and measure 9.5-inch, from the finger-tip to the cuff.
What’s more, the gloves are available in various sizes ranging from small to extra-large. And finally, it is available at the most affordable prices. So go ahead and enjoy these quality products!
Meanwhile, Doctors can refer to our website for similar equipment, and a great place to start is by checking our article on the best panoptic ophthalmoscope.
- Exam-grade vinyl gloves
- Ideal for all kinds of environmental conditions
- Barrier protection from bodily fluids and other contaminants
- Less elastic than latex and nitrile
- Offers a comfortable fit
- Available in various sizes
- Available at low prices
- Powder-free and latex-free
- Some people may not like its fit
5. Dynarex 2613 Safe-Touch Vinyl Exam Glove Powder Free, Large, 100 Count
The Dynarex medical gloves are an ideal solution for people sensitive to donning powder and natural rubber latex. The gloves are non-sterile, powder-free, and possess remarkable elasticity. Furthermore, they are latex-free and highly durable.
Due to the excellent strength possessed by these gloves, you can use them without worrying about accidental contact with dangerous pathogens. Moreover, this product keeps your hands secure and free from bacteria and germs. Since they do not contain natural rubber proteins, you can rest assured of not developing any allergic reaction. Specifically, this is true for people who are sensitive to natural rubber.
Significantly, these gloves possess extraordinary strength and immense resistance to puncture while maintaining tactile sensitivity. Simultaneously, they are ambidextrous and feel more natural than both vinyl and latex.
Even as gloves improve with better material and grip, wheelchairs improve with technology. Here’s a look at our list of the best electric wheelchairs you can buy.
- Perfect solution for people sensitive to donning powder
- Powder-free and non-sterile
- Remarkable elasticity
- Extremely durable
- Great to maintain tactile sensitivity
- Ambidextrous gloves
- Feel more natural than both latex and vinyl
- Some user had issues with durability
6.Hizek Nitrile Gloves,Case of 100,4 mil Disposable Gloves,Latex Free,Powder Free,Nitrile Exam Gloves
No products found.The powder-free medical glove from Hizek is 100% safe and durable. Since Nitrile is their main component, they are non-allergic and ideal for all kinds of environmental conditions. In contrast to Latex, Nitrile has a high resistance to damage and immense durability. As a result, these gloves are puncture and tear-resistant.
Furthermore, they possess high elasticity and are comfortable than vinyl and latex. In short, these are superior to latex and a perfect solution for people sensitive to donning powder and natural rubber latex. Additionally, they are ambidextrous and perfectly fit the left or right hand. Due to their textured fingers, they have an enhanced grip.
And finally, the beaded cuff protects from the drip. You will get 100 disposable gloves in the pack.
Similarly, we have more medical products detailed in articles on our website. Take a look at this list of the most expensive crutches that money can buy.
- 100% safe
- Premium quality
- Extremely durable
- Resistance to puncture
- Free from Natural rubber latex and donning powder
- Secure and proper fit
- Not very thick
7. Safe-Touch Powder-Free Vinyl Exam Gloves M Box/100 – 2612
- See Product Specifications for more detailed information.
The gloves come in blue color and are available in a pack of 100. Also, they are chemo-rated gloves. Furthermore, they perfect for hospitals, chemical industries, cleaning, etc. The gloves are highly resistant to damage and are quite sturdy.
In conclusion, we found these gloves to have extraordinary strength and ideal for long-term use. Hence, with their ambidextrous abilities, they are a good buy.
However, if you are looking for similar premium medical products, check out our list of the best posture correctors for men and women.
- Ideal for people sensitive to donning powder and natural rubber latex
- Perfect for allergy causing natural rubber proteins
- Possess extraordinary strength
- High resistance to puncture
- Excellent tactile sensitivity
- Useful in all kinds of environmental conditions
- Ideal for long-term use
- Exceed present regulations
- Not very thick
8. Dealmed Vinyl Exam Gloves, Powder Free, 100/Bx (Medium)
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Providing more protection, these Exam Gloves are crafted to provide strength and covering without the risk of allergic reaction, making...
- OPTIMAL COMFORT: The vinyl gloves are soft to the touch and designed with an elastic yet loose fit to provide comfort when wearing gloves for extended periods...
- UTMOST PROTECTION: Ambidextrous and disposable, these non-irritating vinyl gloves provide complete protection when needed in places such as outpatient offices,...
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: The Dealmed Vinyl Exam Gloves are appropriate for most applications such as, but not limited to, dispensing medication, non-invasive physical...
- HEALTHCARE NEEDS: Dealmed understands the changing climate of healthcare and how important it is to have an honest, dependable partner. As such, we’ve made it...
Even more, the gloves offer a comfortable fit and provide easy accessibility. With soft tactile sensitivity and high elasticity, they snugly fit your hands. Further, because of their elastic yet loose fit, they are immensely comfortable. In fact, you will not feel any discomfort even while wearing them for long hours. And, we were quite impressed by how easily one can put them on and off.
While they are latex and powder-free, they do not irritate the skin. Hence, these are the best alternatives for people who are sensitive to donning powder and rubber latex proteins. Not only are they ambidextrous, but also a perfect fit. We would recommend them for food preparation, medical exams, and cleaning. In a nutshell, you can use it for indoor as well as outdoor use.
If this was not all, our experts have collated other professional medical equipment for medical professionals, such as this list of the best ECG monitors.
- Premium quality and excellent strength
- Thick barrier protection
- Textured fingertips
- Resistance to chemicals, tears, and cuts
- Comfortable fit
- Easy accessibility
- Non-allergic in nature
- Ideal for outdoor and indoor use
- Not very thick
9. Curad Disposable Medical Latex Gloves, Powder Free Latex Gloves are Textured, Large, 100 Count
- Curad Powder-Free Latex Exam Gloves have excellent barrier properties combined with great fit and feel
- The textured surface ensures a secure grip while the superior elasticity provides exceptional comfort and strength
- Color: Beige, Texture: Full Texture, Cuff: Beaded
- Not made with natural rubber latex
Because of their textured surface, they provide a perfect grip. At the same time, superior elasticity enhances the comfort level. Besides, the powder-free glove is available in a pack of hundred at a throw-away price. However, they are ideal for single use only.
Additionally, they can fit either hand and are available in a pack of 100. To summarize, the gloves offer great comfort and are the best for all sorts of users.
Likewise, for products similar to medical gloves, refer to our guide to the best wheelchairs you can buy
- Latex medical gloves
- Available in small or large sizes
- Disposable gloves
- Great for finger sensitivity
- Easy and comfortable use
- One size fits all
- They do not hold great resistance to harmful chemicals.
10. Dynarex High Risk Latex Exam Glove, Powder Free – Small, 1 Box of 50, Blue
No products found.And finally, for medical gloves, which have added thickness and length, this one from Dynarex is the best choice.
Since they are chemo-approved, they are quite suitable for use in hospital settings. Moreover, they are thick yet flexible, hence, very comfortable to use. With a textured palm design, they provide a strong grip. Besides, they are powder-free gloves. For this reason, they are perfect for people prone to allergic reactions.
In addition to this, they have a beaded cuff. In effect, this prevents the gloves from rolling down while handling hazardous materials. In summary, these are good for household and other professional tasks requiring protection from harmful substances.
Much like medical gloves, having the best medical equipment at the right time can help. Hence, have a look at our list of the best wrist braces available online to heal sprains and wrist snaps.
- Chemo-approved gloves
- Textured surface for enhanced grip
- Resistance to bloodborne pathogens
- Powder free
- Repeated use in cosmetic, food, and the auto industry
- Some people might be allergic to latex
Important Things to Consider When Buying Medical Gloves
Medical gloves are highly versatile, but there are other types of gloves also available in the market. However, this can be very complicated and confusing for you. Hence, there some significant aspects you should consider before buying the best medical gloves.
Industrial vs. Medical Gloves
When selecting the best medical gloves, you must have a clear understanding of industrial and medical gloves.
For one, industrial gloves are best suited for applications that involve the handling of solvents and harsh chemicals. Hence, such gloves are highly useful in industries like automotive, chemical, janitorial, and foodservice.
On the other hand, Medical grade gloves are more suited for situations involving a risk of coming in contact with environmental contaminants and bloodborne pathogens. Hence, such gloves find use in medical, dental offices, laboratories, and hospitals. Additionally, these gloves are tested rigorously and meet FDA standards and guidelines. For this reason, the gloves offer high durability, strength, and barrier for rigid applications. Also, these gloves eliminate potential risks for all kinds of allergies.
Thickness of Glove
The next criteria to consider is the glove’s thickness. Generally, gloves are available in different thickness levels ranging between 6-8 mils. These are heavy-duty gloves that perform efficiently in harsh environments. The thicker these gloves are, the better they offer a longer permeation timeframe while working with chemicals. Also, the gloves possess high resistance to tear and damage. Additionally, medical-grade gloves are more flexible and have a degree of finesse.
Finish and Texture
Another feature you should consider is the finish of the glove. If you want medical gloves that offer enhanced grip and fit, then pick gloves with a textured finish on your fingers and palm. Usually, a diamond pattern glove enhances the grip in wet as well as dry conditions. Most of the nitrile medical gloves have a chlorinated finish that reduces stickiness. Additionally, it makes it convenient to pull off and put on the gloves.
Powder-Free vs. Powdered
The next question you need to ask is whether you should go for a powdered or a powder-free one. The two common types of medical gloves available are powder-free and powdered. For one, powder-free gloves come with a polymer or chlorinated finish. Effectively, this makes it convenient to take off and don your gloves without the messiness of powder. On the contrary, the powdered medical gloves are helpful as it absorbs additional moisture content that aids in putting the gloves.
A large number of people underestimate the significance of a well-fitting glove. The size of medical gloves may differ. Hence, it is best to try samples to determine the correct size of medical gloves that fits you well. With the right glove size, it is possible to enhance comfort and increase tactile sensitivity in every application.
Another great thing about medical gloves is that they are available in varieties of color. In effect, these colors promote efficiency and safety in the workplace. With color-coding medical gloves, it is possible to assist in differentiating the glove sizes and prevent cross-contamination. For one, blue color is the standard color for medical gloves. Next, black nitrile gloves are meant mainly for automobile applications and work environments related to grime and oil. In case you need additional help, you could wear two gloves at a time.
Some Important Guidelines on Using Medical Gloves
- You must always wear gloves where there is a severe risk of infection.
- Wear medical gloves only when it is necessary.
- You must wear medical gloves when in direct contact with body fluids, blood, mucous membranes, or non-intact skin.
- Avoid using powdered gloves in the medical arena as there are protein allergens present in NRL bind. Eventually, the powder may become airborne and can increase the risk of infection.
- Make sure you wash your hand properly before donning gloves and right after removing them.
- Gloves must fit well, as stated by the Health and Safety experts.
- It is mandatory to change gloves after every session of patient care.
- There is no substitute for hygiene other than medical gloves.
- Avoid washing your hands with alcohol-based lotions or gels on gloves to enhance usage.
- Make sure you pick the correct kind of glove for the procedure you are performing.
When selecting the next disposable medical glove, be sure to consider all factors discussed above. Therefore, medical gloves are a critical resource for most of the workers in the healthcare profession. Hence, getting the best glove for your job is crucial due to its impact on your day-to-day work. Even more so, pick the best medical glove from our list and stay away from all sorts of contaminants and harmful pathogens.
Dr. David Taylor is a medical professional and an avid blogger. He holds an M.D. from Drexel University & a Ph.D. from Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. David loves to utilize technology to improve healthcare and he does it daily through BestRatedDocs.com. He founded the company in 2016 with the vision to make the discoverability of the best healthcare facilities & best products simple and easy. His passion for informatics and using technology to empower healthcare professionals and the patients they serve is unmatched. He regularly blogs about technology, health IT, medical products and other healthcare topics at bestrateddocs.com.
Last updated on 2021-07-24 // Source: Amazon Affiliates